If You Live in Philadelphia, Your House May Be High on the Buyer Wish List This Holiday Season
Many Philly homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to sell their houses. Some sellers who already have their homes on the market end up removing their listings until the spring. Let’s look at the top reasons why selling your house during the holidays, or keeping it on the market this season, is a great choice. This year, Philadelphia home buyers want to purchase homes for the holidays. Your house may be the right match.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait to sell your house this holiday season:
- Buyers are active right now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for home buyers who are ready to get more for their money.
- Buyers looking for homes during the holidays are serious, and are ready to buy.
- You can restrict showings in your house to days and times that are most convenient for you. This will help you remain in control, especially in a sellers’ market.
- Holiday décor appeals to many buyers.
- In today’s Philadelphia market, there is minimal competition for you as a seller. There just aren’t enough houses in the Philly market to satisfy buyer demand. This means sellers are in the driver’s seat. Over the past year, inventory has declined to record lows, making it the opportune time to sell your house (See graph below):
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. People who have been searching throughout the year and have been running into bidding wars are still looking to a house. Your home may be the answer.
7. This season is the sweet spot for sellers. The number of properties that will supply the Philly market will increase after the holidays. In the developing city of Philly more new construction will also be available for sale in 2021, which will lessen the demand for your house.
More than ever, this may be the year to list your house during the holidays. Let’s connect today to determine if selling now is your best move.